Have you always wanted to make a compost cauldron? A bee hotel? A rainbow veggie patch? Well you’re in luck. ABC has introduced a new kids’ spinoff to the super popular show for greenthumbs, Gardening Australia.
Hosted by gardening guru Costa Georgiadis, the series will guide kids and their families through the wonderous world of gardening. From the luxurious open country to the smallest balcony gardens, wherever something grows, Gardening Australia Junior will be packed with gardening tips, tricks and activities that all kids will dig.
Costa is joined by familiar Gardening Australia faces – Tammy Huynh, Clarence Slockee and Hannah Moloney, alongside keen junior gardeners who tackle a fun new backyard gardening project each week.
Across 20 episodes, Costa and team inspire families around Australia to roll up their sleeves and get out into the beauty and hard work of the garden.
Gardening Australia Junior brings a vital First Nation voice across the series through a collaboration with Aboriginal-led horticultural organisation Wildflower, and Cudgenburra/Bunjalung man Clarence Slockee. Clarence leads the young green thumbs in a Native Garden segment.
Make sure to catch the new episodes of Gardening Australia Junior every Friday at 7:05pm on ABC Kids – the perfect way to end the week with family fun.
And if you miss an episode, don’t worry, you can always catch up on ABC iview.
Watch on ABC Kids and ABC iview
Digging in: Costa and the Junior Green Thumbs’ Top Picks!
- Bee Hotels: Join Costa and the junior gardeners as they create cosy hotels for native bees right in the garden.
- Pizza Herb Garden: Tammy and the junior gardeners plant an awesome pizza-shaped herb garden, ready to spice up their ultimate pizzas.
- Bug Quest: Clarence and Molly embark on the ultimate bug-finding adventure in the garden. Get ready to discover some cool critters.
- Compost Creations: Costa and the junior gardeners brew up a special snack for the garden—compost! Learn how to nourish your plants in an eco-friendly way.
- Fruity Goat Surprise: Hannah and the junior gardeners celebrate Gilly and Gertie’s birthday with a fruity twist—a fruit cake made entirely from fruit!
For more information: