IMAGES: The Bear Club
After welcoming their first baby in 2019, husband and wife creatives Matthew and Laura Dwyer saw firsthand just how quickly little people grow and change before your very eyes. Not to mention how many moments can be missed as family life becomes so oh-so-busy.
Family photos to treasure
Knowing and understanding that everyone really wants good photos of their families and kids to treasure for years to come, The Bear Club was born. As the ‘little sister’ of Matthew’s existing wedding photography business, The Bear Club has the vision of capturing families and making special memories at the same time. The Bear Club is all about finding and bringing out those raw, fun, energetic (and sometimes even shy or embarrassing!) personalities within families, creating a collection of images that capture a moment in time you’ll look back on with all the warm and fuzzies.
The Bear Club wants to be a small part of your family for the day…to help you capture all those special memories and create amazing photos for you to treasure as stunning artwork in your home, or as a gift to family and friends.
Capturing beautiful family moments
The team will start by taking the time to get to know you and your little one. Making sure everyone is comfortable and ready to have some fun is an all important part of the process to getting those natural, spontaneous shots we all love so much! Expect music, glitter, maybe even a balloon or two, and a whole lot of laughs! The vibe will be upbeat, fun, adventurous and relaxed.
In studio or on location
With a choice between family sessions in studio or on location, you can either choose your own favourite or meaningful spot for the session, or have a hand in the creative behind your studio shoot, choosing your own backdrop colour and props.
Photography packages, printing and framing
The Bear Club has a range of photography packages and payment plans and also offers printing and framing services, so you can get to the all important part of hanging those beautiful shots on the wall and letting the laughter and joy of your little people come to life in your home.
The Bear Club’s 5 top tips on getting the best out of your family photos:
- Location, location! Work with your photographer to decide on a location that suits your personal style, home decor and overall aesthetic.
- Styling outfits. Jamie Reilly, Westfield Stylist (@jamie.loves) suggests, “sticking to certain colours, similar tones that compliment each other. The whole look needs to tell a story.”
- Bring your kids on the journey. Start the conversations early, get them excited about meeting special photographers, going on an adventure, having their photos taken and involve the kids in the planning! Special treats always help too!
- Full tummies, big smiles! As much as it is nice to go out for dinner after a shoot when you are all dressed up, don’t rock up on empty stomachs. Get a good full belly, and maybe even bring some healthy snacks along for the kiddos to nibble between shots.
- Get the husband on board. Allow your husband or partner time to prepare mentally, budget to avoid money stress and let him know why it’s so important to you to capture these memories. Reassure him you’ve picked the photographers that will just have fun and not make him do anything awkward!
Christmas gift idea!
Show your love by gifting a photoshoot to a friend or loved one. Use the code XMAS2021 for 15% off all family packages booked until 31 Jan 2022.