Australia’s best beverages, unique venues and affordable weekday lunches prepared by world-class chefs are all on the menu for this year’s Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel festival, as more exciting events have been announced with the the final program release.
Tasting Australia features more than 200 events across 11 regions for 10 mouthwatering days from 29 April – 8 May 2022.
Following the launch of Tasting Australia 2022 in December, new program highlights added to the line-up include Pie Life – a night celebrating the not-so-humble pie at one of Adelaide’s favourite pubs, Dark and Delicious giving guests the chance to taste some of Seppeltsfield’s rarest fortified wines alongside perfectly matched chocolates, as well as the exciting chef line-up for the Town Square Kitchen Express Lunches will also be revealed.
The festival hub, Town Square in Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga returns in 2022 offering diverse bites from food vendors and beverages sure to impress. Town Square will be open every day of the 10-day festival, encouraging locals and visitors alike to get into the CBD and explore all there is to see, do and taste.
Family Friendly Tasting Australia
For the perfect hands on learning experience for the little ones, head to Scoffed Cooking School’s Edible Habitat.
Take the kids along to the RAA Travel Lounge in Town Square, Tarntanyangga where Scoffed Cooking School’s pastry chef, Gunawan, will be on hand to help them create the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Children will spend an hour working creatively with the chef to create and package their masterpiece, taking away what they make to give to mum for her special day.
All ingredients and equipment to create an edible arrangement, beautifully packaged as a gift are provided.
The kids will love this interactive class hosted by Scoffed School of food and fun!
11am sessions: 8-11 years
1pm sessions: 12+
- Age suitability 8+
- Level of difficulty – Moderate, but not suitable for children under 8
- Parental supervision not required
- RAA members will enjoy a discounted ticket price
- Cost $45
For more information:
More Tasting Australia Event Highlights
- Pie Life: Join top chefs at The Lion in North Adelaide to celebrate the delicious possibilities of pie. Headlining the event are Terry Intarakhamhaeng (Soi.38), Justin James (Restaurant Botanic), Lauren Eldridge (Berowra Waters Inn), Ben Devlin (Pipit) and The Lion’s resident chef Brendan Boothroyd. $50 pp.
- Town Square Kitchen Express Lunches: Chef line-up: Dave Pynt (Burnt Ends, Singapore), Rosheen Kaul (Etta), Amy Hamilton (Liberté) Daniella Guevara (La Popular Taqueria), Ben Williamson (22 Agnes), Adam Wolfers (Gerard’s Bistro). Tickets available 4 April. $40 pp.
- Eleven Mayura Station and Henschke Dinner: For one night only eleven is bringing together Mayura Station and Henschke Winery, two of Australia’s most highly regarded food and beverage producers both at the peak of their industry. $350 pp.
- The Tasting Table: White Burgundy: These are the most sought-after white wines on the planet. We’re opening the likes of Coche-Dury, Comtes Lafon, Domaine Roulot, Etienne Sauzet and Jean-Claude Ramonet from the stellar 2014 vintage at the East End’s Mother Vine. $2,000 pp.
- Dark and Delicious: Seppeltsfield’s Centennial Collection of fortified wines are the rarest in the world and date back to 1878. Discover all the secrets behind this treasure trove of fortified wines while tasting some rare and special bottlings. $95 pp.
- Vegustation: Join the team from Francesco’s Osteria for a plant-based feast to ignite the senses. $58 pp.
- Charcoal and Churrasco: Adelaide’s Weber Grill Academy is celebrating the exuberant, colourful and delicious food of churrasco – Brazilian barbecue. $185 pp.
For more information and tickets to Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel: