The Art Gallery of South Australia’s dedicated teen program Neo returns on Saturday 14 August with Neo Ultraviolet, an electrifying night of art, music and performance.
Coinciding with the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) festival, Neo Ultraviolet will see teens take over the gallery after-hours and enjoy a stellar line-up of local talent, including a performance from South Australian teen drag queen sensation Ultra Violet and a poster collage workshop with Adelaide artist Jenna Pippett.
On the night, teens can:
- explore the Neo SALA Exhibition as part of this year’s SALA Festival,
- get creative and modernise a vintage poster with contemporary artist Jenna Pippett
- make a badge inspired by pop culture
- sketch in the black-light zone using UV paint or try out a Surrealist-inspired automatic drawing session
- take in the art of Dušan and Voitre Marek in current AGSA exhibition Surrealists at sea
- immerse themselves in a Surrealist-inspired landscape inside Patch Theatre’s luminous new exhibition Sea of Light
- recharge in the video game zone where guests can play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros with friends on the big screen
In the courtyard, local musical talent will play live sets throughout the night, including singer-songwriter Yastika Choure, hip-hop artist S0UL Oscuro, synth-saxophone duo Tonix and DJ Kyyo-T, while Ultra Violett will welcome guests with an unmissable performance.
As one of the first state galleries in Australia to offer a teen-exclusive program, AGSA’s Neo events give teens aged 13 to 17 after-hours gallery access and free, jam-packed evenings of artist-led workshops, live music and entertainment, six times a year.
Neo Ultraviolet is a FREE event for teens aged 13–17 on Saturday 14 August, 6-8.30pm.
Places are limited, book early to avoid disappointment. Please note that mask-wearing is mandatory for this event.
2021 NEO EVENT CALENDAR
Neo Ultraviolet, Sat 14 Aug
Neo Teen Takeover, Sat 23 Oct
Neo Summer Daze, Sat 4 Dec
For further information or to register for the event: