If the only Potter you know anything about is Harry, we’re here to help you SEIZE THE CLAY! We’ve put together an overview below of some of the best pottery classes on offer in Adelaide for kids and adults, at various levels of ability and experience.
Using just your hands and few tools, a ball of clay has the potential to become a beautiful handmade object, in big hands and in small. If you’ve been itching to get your hands immersed in some clay and discover your own ability to make pottery, but don’t know where to start when it comes to wading through the Pottery Classes Adelaide has to offer, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got your license to kiln right here!
Adelaide Pottery Classes for kids and adults
URTH CLAY POTTERY CLASSES FOR KIDS + ADULTS
Kids have wild imaginations, and love getting their hands dirty! And let’s be honest, so do the adults!
Urth Clay Studio, Adelaide, is a place where children and adults alike can explore this creativity and get involved in pottery classes for beginners and beyond.
At Urth Clay you can submerge your hands in the mud to reach places that regular conversations won’t allow, and encourage kids to evolve concepts by planning, implementing, and then reviewing pieces.
Pottery class options include classes and programs both within school term and in the holidays:
- Kids pottery classes
- Teen pottery classes
- Adult pottery classes
- Personalised NDIS group or individual classes
- School Holiday Pottery programs
- One off pottery class
- Pottery parties
For more information:
Pottering Around – Pottery Classes Adelaide for all ages!
Let us introduce you to ‘Pottering Around’, the ceramics studio and café at 43 First Avenue, Semaphore Park!
The energetic team of craft enthusiasts at Pottering Around are not artists, but art lovers. They want to tap into the creativity of children of any age and celebrate ceramic fun!
Open to all 7 days a week, no bookings necessary. You can drop in for a coffee, enjoy the cake tapas, and if you’re feeling creative design and paint your very own masterpiece to take home on the day or leave it to be fired in our kiln ready for collection 7 days later.
If you’ve fancied spinning your own pottery you can even book out the wheel room for a taster session. It’s messy, it’s fun…you may not take anything home, but you will definitely enjoy it! Advance bookings are required for the wheel room.
Pottery Classes and Workshops include:
- Adult pottery and painting evenings
- Festive pottery creating
- Preschool craft sessions
- School holiday pottery programs and classes
- Kids pottery parties & adult functions
43 First Avenue, Semaphore Park
Studio Potters Adult Pottery Classes
Studio Potters SA is a longstanding pottery group located in Klemzig, South Australia. Members range from professionals to hobbyists, united by their love of clay.
Studio Potters offers classes, exhibiting and sales opportunities, events, workshops and inclusion in Adelaide arts festivals. The generous sharing of ceramics knowledge with fellow members is key to the ethos of the group.
Pottery Classes include:
- Beginner to intermediate including handbuilding and wheelwork
- Clay experience sessions for corporate or social groups interested in an activity and team building afternoon
1 Fourth Avenue, Klemzig
Jam Factory Pottery Classes
Held in JamFactory Ceramics Studios, JamFactory pottery courses will introduce you to the techniques and skills required to throw clay on a potter’s wheel. You will cover various stages of ceramic making from shaping the object with the wheel, to firing, and glazing to make your very own object. Courses are also available for intermediates wanting to expand their knowledge, and in handbuilding and glazing.
Pottery class options include:
- Introduction to wheel throwing
- Intermediate wheel throwing
- Introduction to handbuilding and surface decoration
- Introduction to Cone 10 Glaze Development
19 Morphett St, Adelaide
SeedLeaf Designs – Adult Ceramics and Pottery Classes
Fall in love with the wonderfully tactile and fun medium that is clay at SeedLeaf Designs.
Pottery classes and workshops include:
- Handbuilding workshop – Learn fun and simple techniques to make a selection of different forms that may include cups, plates, planters, bowls and spoons. This workshop includes all materials, tools, glazing and firing, plus refreshments.
- Clay for two wheel throwing – This is a 2 hour personalised workshop for 2 guests, set in Christy’s cosy and bright studio in St Peter’s. A great gift idea for a special couple, your partner and you, or for friends who love to craft and share a laugh together!
For more information: