Bonjour! Bienvenue au Bastille Day!
That’s about the extent to our French here at KIDDO, but if you have a taste pour les français, head to The Adelaide Central Market next weekend and soak in the fun of Bastille Day!
French themed celebrations will abound across Adelaide Central Market stalls over three days; Friday 10th, Saturday 11th and Tuesday 14th of July, and you’ll be able to pick up all your french favourites for your own Bastille Day event at home.
Bastille Day at the Adelaide Central Market
Celebrations will include:
- Pop up crepe bar
- French inspired product bundles from The Smelly Cheese Shop and Les Dex Coqs including cheese and wine packs, picnic baskets and other specialty products
- A variety of French food including raclette from The Smelly Cheese Shop, as well as French onion soup, croissants, baguettes and desserts from Les Deux Coqs
- Les Deux Coqs will launch two new products – 1 in Charcuterie and one in Patisserie
- Live music will be performed at selected times across the three celebration days
- French music Spotify playlist played throughout the entire Market – created by Smelly Cheese Shop owner Valerie Henbest
- Valerie will also host a series of IGTV French food demonstrations from the community kitchen (Thurs, Fri, Sat).
Quick guide to all the best in French fare
The Smelly Cheese Shop
For the smelliest of French and Australian cheeses, French wine, ready-to-eat Raclette and Croque Monsieur (from 10am Thurs, Fri, Sat, Tues)
Les Deux Coqs
For traditional French rillettes, terrines, tapenades, charcuterie, patisserie and viennoiserie. Bastille Day specials include the launch of two new products, limited edition VIP (Very Important Pate Croute) and a French Picnic Bag.
Market Bread Bar
For French style crepes with all the fillings! The crepe pop-up will be located at the Gouger dining area on Friday 10, Saturday 11 and Tuesday 14 July
For house-made patisserie, croissants and baguettes
Mushroom Man’s Mushroom Shop
Add a shaving of truffle to your French cooking!
French themed menu including escargot pizza!
Barossa Fine Foods
French saucisson (that’s French for sausage!)
French Camembert & brie