The magic of Disney’s Frozen The Musical will leap from the stage to the streets of Adelaide this week, giving lovers of Anna, Elsa and Olaf the chance to keep celebrating the wonders of Frozen all winter.
The Adelaide Economic Development Agency (AEDA) and Disney Theatrical Productions will present Frozen The Musical City Trail, bringing Frozen-inspired desserts, cocktails, floral bouquets and unique experiences to Rundle Mall and the city until mid-August.
Frozen The Musical City Trail
The Trail will launched last week, with a fresh flower ‘bomb’ of the heritage fountain near Adelaide Arcade in Rundle Mall, created by Studio Botanic.
Designed to inspire theatre-goers to explore the city to extend their Frozen The Musical experience, the Frozen The Musical City Trail includes:
- Frozen-inspired cocktails at 2KW Bar & Restaurant, Hotel Indigo’s rooftop Merrymaker Rooftop Bar and Garçon Bleu
- Magical Anna and Elsa-themed desserts from the popup Shibui Dessert Bar under the Gawler Place canopy in Rundle Mall
- Special dinner and accommodation packages at Hotel Indigo and its Market and Meander restaurant
- A display of Anna’s iconic coronation gown, featuring the gown from the musical and information on the creative process held exclusively in Adelaide Arcade
- Special Frozen-style bouquets available for order from BloomBar Flowers
- Adelaide Festival Centre’s iconic Festival Theatre shells will freeze over on Sunday 29 May, as part of a Frozen lighting display created by Electric Canvas.
Anna’s iconic coronation gown on display
AEDA Managing Director Ian Hill says the CBD will not be short of activations when Frozen the Musical comes to town, and is proud to support traders in the City Trail.
There’ll be lots to see and do, from the flower bomb of the fountain near Adelaide Arcade this week, to visiting the traditional Norwegian dress worn on-stage by Anna. This beautiful gown was handmade in Sydney and took more than 100 hours to produce,
You can also take a picture with the decals of your favourite characters scattered around town and sample the wonderful Frozen treats on offer and support our city traders.
Frozen The Musical
Based on the 2013 animated film, the stage adaptation of Frozen opened on Broadway in 2018 and grossed more than $150m at the box office.
It features 12 new songs from the film’s original Academy Award-winning composers, Kristen Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez.
Disney’s Frozen the Musical stars Jemma Rix as ice queen Elsa, opposite Adelaide-born Courtney Monsma’s Princess Anna and Matt Lee as the affable snowman Olaf.
To mark the launch of Frozen the Musical and the Frozen the Musical City Trail, AEDA will give away the ultimate Sister Staycation, which includes dinner and tickets to the show, an overnight stay at Hotel Indigo, car transfers to and from Adelaide Festival Centre and a special Frozen merchandise package.
To enter – and find out more about the Frozen the Musical City Trail: