The Sturt Grove Farm will serve as an educational cornerstone, offering students a firsthand understanding of sustainable agriculture. By exploring topics such as environmentally-friendly farming practices, students will develop a deep appreciation for the natural world and gain vital skills for the future.
The Farm’s Vision
The new Sturt Grove Farm will feature a range of innovative facilities designed to support multidisciplinary learning and community engagement. These include:
- Three state-of-the-art multidisciplinary classrooms: Inspiring spaces where students can explore the intersection of agriculture, technology, and design.
- Outdoor learning and community spaces: Providing opportunities for hands-on experiences and fostering a sense of collaboration and connection with the environment.
- Well-equipped wet labs: Equipping students with the tools they need to conduct scientific experiments and explore agricultural research.
- Facilities for viticulture, agriculture, and aquaculture: Enabling students to delve into various aspects of the farming industry and gain practical knowledge.
- Produce processing area and farm kitchen: Creating a space for students to learn about food production, culinary skills, and farm-to-table concepts.
- Shearing facilities: Supporting the development of skills related to animal care and agriculture.
- Washdown zone: Ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of farm equipment and spaces.
- Farm shop: Offering a platform for students to learn about entrepreneurship and sustainable business practices.
The new Sturt Grove Farm at Westminster School represents a transformative opportunity for the students and community.
For more information: