This year the MobileMuster Student Film Competition launches on June 16, students are invited to get creative and spread the message about recycling amongst their local community by entering a short film based on this year’s theme The Science of Recycling.
There are an estimated 23.5 million mobiles in storage that are currently not being used, with at least one or two in every household. MobileMuster encourages consumers to think about the full lifecycle of a mobile phone through repair, reuse and then recycling when they have reached the end of their useful life.
The MobileMuster Student Film Competition gives young Australians the chance to explore important messages about looking after the environment, recycling more and at the same time conserving precious resources.
The competition is open to individuals, groups or classes. Home-schooled students are also invited to enter.
The five categories are:
- Lower Primary (Years 1-4)
- Upper Primary (Years 5-6)
- Lower Secondary (Years 7-9)
- Upper Secondary (Years 10-12)
- Tertiary (university, TAFE or college students)
Films should be no more than one minute in length, with students having to get creative to convey their message based on this year’s theme. Apart from bragging rights, there are great prizes up for grabs. The winner of each category will be awarded a tech voucher valued at $3,000 and up to three finalists in each will receive a $1,000 tech voucher.
Each film entry will be judged by a panel of environmental and telecommunications experts. Judging criteria that should be considered when developing your short film:
- Relevance to the theme: how well the film incorporates the theme The Science of Recycling
- Creativity: how well the film draws in the viewer and keeps their attention
- Technical Skills: the overall quality of production
- Story Telling: how engaging the story is and does it provide dramatic appeal and closure
- Environmental understanding: does the film explain the environmental impact of mobile technology and the benefits of recycling
The deadline for entries is September 30. Winners and finalists will be announced the week commencing October 31 in the lead up to National Recycling Week. Be inspired by viewing some of last years winners by clicking here.
For more information about the MobileMuster Film Competition, including further information on guidelines, prizes and terms and conditions: