RECIPE BY: Adelaide Central Markets
Prep time: 45 minutes | Serves: 16
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 metre black liquorice rope
- 16 tic tacs, halved
- Chocolate Persian fairy floss
- Place dates, peanut butter, vanilla, oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, cocoa and chocolate chips together in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Using a tablespoon as a measure, roll mixture into 16 balls and set aside until required.
- For the decorations, cut liquorice into 16 x 5cm long pieces and using a sharp knife cut each piece into 8 legs. Push 4 liquorice legs into each side of energy ball and press 2 halved tic tacs on the front for eyes. Repeat process with remaining balls. Serve spider energy balls on a plate covered in Persian fairy floss.
For more information: