MasterChef contestant Jenn Lee is adept at both savoury and sweet cooking and with a love of learning from the likes of Michel Roux, Heston Blumenthal and Josh Niland, Jenn cites her favourite ingredients to cook with as eggs, potatoes and garlic.
Jenn has shared with us her easter recipe for Bunny Buns! Make these with the kids ahead of the long weekend and have a very HOPPY easter!
- 140 ml milk
- 4 g yeast
- pinch sugar
- 310 g bread flour
- 10 g milk powder
- 30 g sugar
- 3 g salt
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter
- 6 chocolate bars or cheerios
- 20g chocolate
- Microwave milk with pinch of sugar for 20 secs. Until just barely warm, stir in yeast and set aside for 5 mins.
- In bowl of stand mixer add in bread flour, milk powder, salt, sugar and egg. Mix on low until the dough comes together.
- Add in 40g butter bit by bit and continue to mix on low for another 10mins. It might look like it’s not coming together but keep letting it mix and it will come together
- After 10 mins of mixing, the dough should be nice and smooth and the bowl mostly clean.
- Take out the dough and shape into a ball, place back into the bowl, cover with cling wrap or damp towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, the dough should have puffed and almost doubled in size. Take out the dough onto a bench top lightly dusted with flour and divide into 6 pieces.
- Roll a dough piece into a sausage shape, flatten with a rolling pin, into a rectangle and fold lengthwise into thirds. Flatten and roll out again with a rolling pin and fold in half. Press along the entire length with your palm to degas the dough and roll into a long fat noodle shape, roughly 45cm.
- Shape the bunny by placing a long noodle into an upside down U shape. place the cheerio or chocolate bar acrossthe dough leaving a 3cm gap from the top of the dough. Thread one end of the dough over the chocolate bar and under the top of the dough and repeat with the other end. Adjust the shape if needed and place onto a baking sheet. Cover with cling wrap and rest for 40 mins, until slightly puffy.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Bake the bunny buns for 15 mins at 175C.
- Remove the buns from the oven and let cool on the tray.
- Melt the 20g of chocolate in the microwave and using a toothpick or chopsticks, draw eyes for the bunny.
MasterChef Australia will return for its 14th season this year. The format is to be known as Fans & Favourites and will feature 12 new contestants and 12 former contestants.
The season is expected to premiere on 18 April 2022.
For more information: