Due to the recent COVID-19 situation in Adelaide the difficult decision has been made to postpone Science Alive! on the 7 – 8 August 2021.
The weekend of awesome events has been rescheduled to the new dates of:
20 – 21 NOVEMBER 2021
Ticket holders have a choice of:
a) Your current registered ticket will automatically transfer across to the new dates.
b) You may request a full refund of your entire order by completing this form here: bit.ly/sciencealiverefundrequest before the 2 August 2021.
Refunds will be actioned in the last week of August and should be returned to your card by the first week of September.
We know you are disappointed but rest assured the event will be an incredible day of discovery!
Science Alive! Coming in November
Calling all Junior Scientists, future Pharmacists, imminent Einsteins, up and coming Astronauts and all the kiddos who just like to see things fizz and bubble – Science Alive! is on its way to Adelaide on 20-21 November at the Adelaide Showground!
Interactive, dynamic displays + Spectacular science
That’s right, you can join the Science Alive! team for a fun family day out and discover how science and technology influences our everyday lives.
Science Alive! is the largest, single, interactive, mobile science exhibition in Australia. It helps to build our community’s awareness of the scope and importance of science and technology, celebrating South Australia’s successes and inspiring future generations of science and technology professionals.
There’s no better event to experience first hand all fields of science and technology.
Science Alive Shows + Exhibits
With over 60 exhibitors including all the big names in science and technology, enjoy interactive, dynamic and educational displays, plus spectacular science shows and performances for all ages.
There’s something to spark the curiosity in all of us!
Alphabet of Awesome Science – David Lampard
Winner of the ‘Science at the Fringe’ award, Adelaide Fringe, The Alphabet of Awesome Science uses BIG words to inspire BIG science – with a performance that’s equal parts explosive, messy, spectacular, hilarious, fascinating and gross.
Professor Lexi Con has curated a collection of her absolutely favourite words – one for every letter of the alphabet. Each word provides Professor Noel Edge with an inspirational jumping off point for 26 quirky, (sometimes explody!) scientific demonstrations.
Crazy Colourful Science Show – Nitro Nat
This show explores chemical reactions with lots of colours and wonder. With fire demonstrations and some mess we also tackle things changing different states of matter. This is a fantastic way to see some wicked chemistry!
Scientific Circus Show – Dr Quark
In this high energy show Dr Quark explores the science and forces behind the circus tricks we all love.
While performing feats of unicycling, juggling, rolla bolla and plate spinning, Dr Quark demonstrates the effects of gravity, momentum, friction, air pressure, energy transfer and push and pull forces.
With presentations designed to inspire a connection with the natural world as well as an appreciation for our unique and often fragile wildlife, Animals Anonymous engage children in a genuine, hands-on experience that leaves them with a sense of hope and knowing that they can make a positive environmental impact through biodiversity development and habitat preservation.
Some of the incredible, hands-on. interactive exhibits at Science Alive 2021 include:
- Australian Dalek Builders Union: You’ll meet daleks as well as meticulously crafted replicas (that sometimes come alive). These Daleks talk just like they do on tv. Younger fans can make their own mini-dalek.
- Slime-Making: Kids love the opportunity to make their own slime using a variety of different techniques! Adults, never fear, all slime is given its own take-home bag (and all the clean up is taken care of!)
- Questacon: Questacon has two travelling exhibitions at Science Alive! To discover and explore principles of light, music and sound, human biology and health, force and motion, ecology and the environment, electricity and magnetism, human population and genetics with Science on the Move and getting hands on with everyday scientific principles and problem solving puzzles Fascinating Science’s logic, balance, fluids, illusions, and mathematical puzzles.
- Naturally Wild: A huge range of crystals, minerals, fossils, shells, sea-life and bugs will be for sale, from Adelaide’s own internationally renowned Natural History gift and collector supplier.
- Switched on Kids: Switched On Kids sell educational toys that aim to stimulate educational learning. Toys to engage and enhance your 3-15 year old’s learning and fascinate young adults will be available.
- Techspace Learning: An interactive exhibit with robotics displays that demonstrate the simplicity and flexibility of the Arduino microprocessor to build almost any gadget you can dream up. You are limited only by your imagination!
- Marine Discovery Centre: The Marine Discovery Centre at Henley Beach is attending Science Alive! in 2021. Thinking of becoming a future Marine Scientist or an Ocean Warrior? Kids love the hands-on Marine Habitat exhibit, microscopes and Virtual Reality headsets featuring South Australian marine life. There is also a selection of local marine wildlife specimens, bones and shells on display.
- Bugs n Slugs: The team from bugs n slugs have been bugging Science Alive! patrons right from the start. Every year they bring an amazing array of incredible invertebrates that you can get up close and personal with. Getting bugged is not such a bad thing!
For a full list of Science Alive exhibits:
Science Alive Event Details
When: 7-8 August
Where: Adelaide Showground
For more information: