DreamBIG Children’s Festival is South Australia’s iconic biennial arts festival for schools and families that places its audience at the centre of fresh, inventive, imaginative and inspiring arts experiences.
More than 2 million South Australian children have participated in the festival since its inception in 1974 (as Come Out Festival), and it remains an intrinsic part of growing up in South Australia.
Students are invited to participate in a poster design competition for the next DreamBIG Children’s Festival 2019. The winner will have their artwork professionally incorporated into a poster and win a $500 gift voucher.
LAST YEARS POSTER
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Entries need to meet the following criteria:
1. The competition is open to South Australian children from Reception to Year 12.
2. No text, no words and no logos may be used at all in the design.
3. The artwork must reflect the theme of Other People for the next Festival in 2019.
4. Schools are asked to send in either the best two (2) student entries from each class but no more than 25 entries per school; whichever is the lesser amount.
5. Preferably, entries are to be submitted as hard copies (no photocopies or scans). However, if an electronic submission needs to be used the image must be provided in full resolution 300dpi at size A4
6. A4 size only, with no textures added ie no glitter, no glue, no stickers, no felt…
7. Use of colour, style and techniques
8. Each entry must be:
• the students own, original work (no copies, no photocopies, no use of other images (Copyright regulations apply)
• produced during Term 1, 2018
• clearly labelled with detailed contact information – the student’s name, year level, school, contact teachers’ name and email address and the school telephone number
• accompanied with a brief description (about 100 words) of how and why the design fits with the Festival theme, Other People
• accompanied by a fully completed and signed DECD and Adelaide Festival Centre / DreamBIG Children’s Festival 2019 Consent Form (click here for a copy) or download from: dreambigfestival.com.au
HOW WILL THE WINNER BE SELECTED?
The winning entry will be selected by a panel of festival and education staff. Given the broad age range from which entries are being invited the selection panel will take into account the year level of students. The prize will be awarded to the student whose poster:
• portrays an innovative approach to the Festival theme Other People
• complies with the entry criteria.
Competition closes: Friday Week 11, Term 1 (13 April 2018)
For more information and a Consent Form visit dreambigfestival.com.au